Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Nice Long Weekend for a Good Long Run

The coming month is pretty quiet for me, race-wise. I actually don't have any races planned for the first time in perhaps this entire year!

But I do have a lot planned for October and November, including running the Divas Half Marathon in Long Island, NY on October 3, the ING New York City Marathon on November 7, and the Philadelphia Half Marathon on November 21. I also might add in the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon in South Carolina on October 24, if my schedule allows. Fellow RUS-er Mark is coming in from Chicago to check off NY alongside me in the NYC Marathon. And my great friends from the Red Dress Run for Women in Hartford, Connecticut (read about our fun run here) are joining me at the Divas Half Marathon. They're running in the 5K event that morning, so if you'd like to join a strong, energetic group of women for 3.1 miles of fun, send us a note and meet us there... you can join us for a post-race party, too!

But with no races planned for the next 4 weeks, I'm looking forward to focusing on training, rather than racing. How refreshing! I do need to step up the miles now as I get ready for the NYC Marathon. This weekend, I'll take advantage of the three-day Labor Day weekend to fit in a 15 mile run. Anyone want to join me?

If high mileage runs aren't your way of enjoying a holiday weekend, try to do something else outside. In a few weeks as the weather turns colder, you'll be glad you took the time to enjoy some outdoor activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment