Monday, August 23, 2010

Fun, fun, fun at the MMM

Saturday was the Madison Mini Marathon in Madison, Wisconsin, and - wow! - it was such a great day. There was a half marathon and a 5K run simultaneously through the center of Madison. Nearly 5,000 people participated!

I was so excited to get to meet the amazing women and supporters of Girls on the Run of Dane County. We were able get together before the run to introduce ourselves and take a group photo. Then we ran and cheered each other on. In fact, I crossed the finish line beside a fellow SoleMates runner... we helped each other finish strong through the last half mile of the course to achieve a sub-2:00:00 finish, a PR for me! Seeing my cousins Scott, Christina and baby Sam cheering me on a few blocks from the finish line also helped me earn my PR goal. Thanks for the support!!!

My fabulous cousin Christina also ran her first 5K - in an awesome 31 minutes! Welcome to the runner community, Christina!

After the running events, there was a big post-race party at the UW Madison campus student union terrace. We were able to enjoy live music, food, drinks and a fun, laid back atmosphere alongside Lake Mendota. It was a perfect way to celebrate a great run... that and a pint of Spotted Cow beer and Wisconsin-specialty cheese curds!

Dane County GOTR - I hope you'll come visit us in NY sometime! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment