Friday, September 10, 2010

Wendy Whiner takes on 20 miles.

Ok, it's been a while since I've posted something here on the blog, so I'm taking this urge to whine as an opportunity. : ) So I'm supposed to run 20 miles this Sunday in preparation for my next marathon in Bar Harbor, Maine on October 17, 2010. But I don't wanna! I wish I were looking forward to it more than I am, but to be honest, I'm a little bored with the scenery around here. I do love the lakefront, which covering 20 miles allows me to run through lots of neighborhoods, like Logan Square, Roscoe Village, Uptown, Ravenswood as well as hit the lakefront path for several miles. But after running 17 and 18 mile runs in the past few weeks, I just want to run somewhere different. I cannot wait to run in Maine though, where everything will be beautiful, scenic and most importantly, different! I hear the foliage is great in October. (And I will be accompanied by my favorite running partner, my dog Dean. I hope there are lots of squirrels to entertain him!)

I keep reminding myself that I'm doing this for a good cause, i.e. to raise money for Hospitals for Humanity and Don't Bully my Breed. However, I need your help in actually raising those funds! HFH is still taking monthly trips to Haiti to help those who are left without medical care due to January's earthquake. And DBMB is always in need of donations to help provide food and vet care to the sweet dogs that just can't seem to find permanent homes. Every little bit helps, even if you can only donate $5. Please check out the links to make your donation.

Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement! Also, if anyone is interested in joining me in Indianapolis, I've registered for the Monumental Marathon in Indy on November 6th. There is also a 1/2 marathon and 5K option to suit all levels of runners. I hate to travel alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment