Monday, September 13, 2010

Guilt-free....almost


Ok, so I finished my 20 mile run, heading south on Chicago's lake front path for a bit of a change. I accidentally ended up running 20.4 because I couldn't see the street sign where I planned on turning around from the lakefront path because of the Chicago Half Marathon that was going on at the same time. Oops!


I will admit it may have not been such a great idea to run down past Solider Field since it was the Bears' opener yesterday (Bears win!) and the smell of tailgaters cooking made it really hard to not stop and beg them for a hot dog or burger. (Note to self, eat before running 3+ hours). Not to worry, though! I made up for it afterward by engaging in what many refer to as "Sunday Funday" with my roommate and friends. I did reward myself by eating some poutine fries from a place called the Rocking Horse. If you're unfamiliar with them, basically, as you can see from the photo, they are fries covered in cheese and gravy. I'm pretty sure I ended up adding back on every calorie I burned and then some. If you've ever had them, while you feel disgusting after you eat them, you know it is completely worth ever bit of food-guilt. But after working hard running those 20 miles, I ate them guilt-free. Well, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment