Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Run Like the Wind Blows


Thinking about the challenge of running the roads of all 50 states kind of makes me think of Forrest Gump running and running and running.... In the movie, Forrest accumulates followers who run behind him as the miles pass under his feet and the scenery of each state gives way to the next. I like the idea of meeting new people and gathering up fellow runners to join me as I cross through the country pounding the pavement. But this isn't just a personal goal for me - it's a group challenge meant to raise awareness for some amazing non-profit organizations. So, I hope that you'll all pass on word about The Race Within US, share the link to this blog with your family and friends, and share your comments and suggestions with us. And most of all, I hope that I'll get to meet more of you along the way... but unlike Forrest Gump, I hope you'll run step by step beside me instead of at a distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment