Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Rose by any Name Smells as... Sweet?


Thanks to the Red Dress Run for Women in Hartford, CT on July 10, I'll have the chance to run through a park filled with more than 15,000 fragrant, blooming roses. But the real roses of the day will be the 1,000 women of all ages, shapes and sizes who will be running and walking to celebrate being "Red Dress Women" who are empowered to protect their heart health by using the knowledge and tools offered by American Heart Association's Go Red for Women initiative. After completing the course, we just may not smell quite as sweet as the roses lining our 5K route....

The best part about running the Red Dress Run, aside from knocking another state off the list, is that I'll be doing it with one of my best friends, Marisa. She's like family and I'm really excited to be sharing this special experience with her! We've been through nearly every milestone together since meeting at age 11, and now she'll be helping me get one step closer to my goal for The Race Within US. We'll also have a few other friends joining us, so it is sure to be a memorable day. I'll happily post pictures afterwards, but I would also encourage any local women to join the event. You can walk, run, or cheer! There will be yoga and pilates in the park, too, as well as health- and athletic- related tents from companies and non-profits such as Whole Foods, Fleet Feet, I Run Like a Girl, and of course, American Heart Association.

1 comment:

  1. speak for yourself, I always smell like roses after a good run..

    ReplyDelete