Friday, July 2, 2010

Go To Your Happy Pace

As the July 4th holiday weekend is about to start, we mostly all have an extra day or two to relax and enjoy free time – and hit the roads for some great long runs. Given that, I thought I’d share with you a picture of something I have posted on my refrigerator. It was the back cover of a training log that Girls on the Run SoleMates sent me after I joined the SoleMates team.


Even though I am running a lot of road races as part of my RUS challenge, and I’ll be training hard to achieve some PBs along the way, I also think it’s important not to lose sight of the fact that running, for me at least, is a way of life. I feel better in every respect – physically, emotionally, mentally – when I’m running regularly during my weekly schedule. Sometimes I run fast, sometimes I run slow; sometimes I’m on the road for an hour or two, sometimes just for thirty minutes. But in any case, it’s my “Me Time”. I find my happy pace and enjoy it! I hope you will keep that in mind when you run, too!

Oh, and if you are interested in joining a charity run team, SoleMates is always welcoming new runners to the team. They'll provide you with training materials and gear, as well as entry into the marathon or half marathon event of your choice.

2 comments:

  1. Right now my happy pace is about as fast as the pace of sitting on my couch. I'm all about "recovery" time right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve the recovery time having run 2 marathons in 3 weeks! NYC is in the midst of a 98 degree week long heat wave... my happy pace will be nice and slow with a lot of water stops!

    ReplyDelete