Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thank you Catherine....

Blog followers, I am saddened to inform you that Don't Bully My Breed president and founder, Catherine Hedges passed away yesterday. As I mentioned in my last post, she had been fighting cancer for several years, and unfortunately her body could not continue the fight. She went peacefully with her boyfriend, Curt, by her side.

Curt and the DBMB volunteers are committed to continuing Catherine's work, taking in those animals that need help, fighting against breed-specific legislation and educating the public about Pit Bulls. Please help them continue on with her mission by making a donation in Catherine's memory to www.dontbullymybreed.org/donation. I never met Catherine personally, but shared many emails with her over the past year working together with her to join the efforts of The Race Within US with those of DBMB. I found her to be an inspiration and truly thank her for saving so many animals, including two of my favorites, Bruce and Lexus. Because of her kind heart and dedication, they are still around to become my adorable niece's protectors and best friends.


Thank you Catherine, you will be missed by so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment