Friday, May 20, 2011

For the animal lovers....


This one is for you fitness and animal enthusiasts.... During this downtime of my training, I figured I would take the opportunity to remind you all of another charity I'm running for, Don't Bully My Breed. This one is near and dear to my heart, as my sister has adopted two of the most loveable dogs from DBMB, Bruce and Lexus. They have definitely become part of the family and they both seem to love the newest member of the family, my niece, Gabriele, as you can clearly see in these pictures.



The founder of DBMB, Catherine, is certainly an inspiration to me and I can only assume to so many others by dedicating so much of her time to helping those breeds of dogs who have gotten a bad rap, mainly because of the irresponsible people who have chosen to own these breeds for often illegal purposes. My sister's dog, Lexus, is proof that even dogs who have been abused and neglected (we were told she was used as a fighting dog) can be rehabilitated to be loving family members. Lexus went from being very afraid and nervous of other dogs, then finally being able to be around my little pooch, 8lb Dean, to eventually living happily with her "brother", the gentle giant, Bruce. So thank you Catherine for rescuing two of my favorite dogs and placing them in a happy home!


DBMB doesn't just help the dogs of the world, but they also have helped many horses and cats that have been neglected. But caring for these animals is often very expensive, as there is always vet care that is unanticipated and costly.


And now is a great time to donate, because DBMB has a generous donor who is willing to match all amounts donated up to $1,000. Please visit this link to read about the good things they are currently doing and to make your donation today. Remember, even that $20 you donate, becomes $40 if you donate now!

























2 comments:

  1. I saw the Fitness article that mentioned your blog and I wanted to check it out. The first blog I saw was about the breed that is near and dear to my heart as well. Thank you for shedding a little more light on such a wonderful breed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking us out, Diamond! We're so glad that Fitness helped us spread the word in supporting Don't Bully My Breed and our other amazing charity organizations!

    ReplyDelete