Monday, December 6, 2010

This seemed like a good idea....

when it was summer. But this idea to run a marathon in every state, which requires you to run and train in the winter, might not have been such a good one. What were we thinking? I went for a 13 mile run Saturday, and for those of you in the Chicago area, you know it was a winter wonderland. It was snowing the entire time I was out there. And while I was warm for the majority of the run, two hours in snow fall can only result in eventually being incredibly wet and cold. I think this was the first time I may have had snow and ice actually collect on my eyelashes. Unfortunately, I think this may have resulted in me coming down with a horrible sore throat. Gee, I'm really looking forward to more and longer runs out in the snow and ice! Only 6 weeks until my next race in Arizona, though, so taking the winter off doesn't seem like much of an option. So please make my frozen fingers and eyelashes mean something, and take a few moments to make those 2010 tax-deductible donations to Don't Bully My Breed, at http://thegreenvillethree.chipin.com/50-state-marathon, or Hospitals for Humanity, at http://hospitalsforhumanity.org/index.php/the-race-within-us/. Thanks and happy holidays to our blog followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment