Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Three RUS Runners & Two Races Next Week!

Next weekend the RUS team members will be very busy covering 78.6 miles of road to raise awareness and support for Hospitals for Humanity, Don't Bully My Breed, Girls on the Run, and Jamal Place.

Kristine, fresh off her amazing run at the Mount Desert Island Marathon in Bar Harbor, Maine (read about it here), will be running the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon on Saturday, November 6 as her Indiana race. As always, she is running to support Don't Bully My Breed, which you can donate to here, in addition to Hospitals for Humanity.

The next day, Sunday, November 7, Mark and I will run the ING New York City Marathon. The NYC Marathon course passes through all five boroughs of New York City: Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Manhattan, with the famous finish line on the west side of Manhattan's Central Park. This will be Mark's debut in the NYC Marathon. As for me, this will be my second appearance in the event, having run it last year for the first time. Last year, I was nervous about covering 26.2 miles for the first time ever. But the crowd of 2 million spectators, as well as the 40,000 fellow runners, helped fuel my determination to get across the finish line.

This year, I'm running as part of the Girls on the Run charity run team, SoleMates. If you haven't yet and would like to support GOTR SoleMates with a donation in support of my run in the NYC Marathon, you can do so here.

Mark is running the NYC Marathon in support of Jamal Place. If you would like to recognize his marathon run with a donation to Jamal Place, you can do so using this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment