Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Most Scenic Route

I am quite jealous of Kristine right now. She's in Bar Harbor, Maine getting ready to run the Mount Desert Island Marathon. If you are wondering why I am jealous of her running 26.2 miles on Sunday, it's because I will be running a 20 mile training run tomorrow - but my run will be in Queens, NY. Kristine's run through Maine will be infinitely more scenic and tranquil. In fact, the Mount Desert Island Marathon was named by Runners World Magazine as the Most Scenic and Best Overall Marathon event in the country. I hope to run it next year! In the meantime, Kristine will have the company of her well-trained running buddy - her dog Dino. Let's all wish Kristine and Dino a good run!

A view of the Mount Desert Island Marathon course, above left. This isn't Kristine and Dino, below, but if someone brings a camera along on Sunday, they'd look like a bit like this on the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment