Monday, March 5, 2012

Harley Helping Hands

Lately my blogs have focused on my training runs.  But I just want to remind everyone (and myself) that we  started the Race Within US for a reason... more than just to travel.  We wanted to help raise money and awareness for some great causes that are near and dear to us.  So I'd like to tell you all about a really amazing charity that was created in honor of my college friend's husband, Kit Harley, who bravely battled brain cancer with his amazing, courageous wife and family at his side. 

Harley Helping Hands' mission is to provide financial assistance and positively impact the lives of those battling brain cancer.   Every year they have a really great fundraiser in the spring.  There is always great food, live music and dancing.  This year I will unfortunately not be able to make it because I'll be running the Country Music Marathon in Nashville the very next morning.  I'm pretty bummed because the venue looks fabulous.  So I'm asking for your support and hoping all of you will all make an effort to attend this really fun event on April 27th, while I'm gearing up to tackle my 11th full marathon.  You can find out more information about Harley Helping Hands and the event by visiting their facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/messages/?action=read&tid=id.326771064034522#!/harleyhelpinghands.  Don't forget to click "Like!"

Thanks everyone for your support of this amazing charity and my tired legs! 

1 comment: